Hi All,
Welcome to our first post-blizzard blog entry. I wish I could have come up with this entry 2 days ago - it certainly would have helped back then. Today is sort of 'after the fact', but todays blog entry topic is 'Snow and shoveling tips'. Like I said my timing might not be perfect but I can assure you that we will get more snow - maybe not this year, but more than likely we'll get snow next year...anyway...
It sounds silly, but here is a site that has some simple tips on shoveling snow. Well the tips can't hurt at least - although a sore back from shoeveling certainly can. Click on this link for a response to the author of the first article I linked to. These are some serious snow shovelers!!!
Once again eHow has an article on 'How to Shovel Snow - the Lazy Man's Way'. I don't care what people call me as long as I don't have a backache after I shovel. Interesting article and the 6 steps are easy to follow and certainly a short enough list for readers to remember!
As if readers don't already know this...shoveling snow is hard work. Proof of that is this article - which discusses the fact that shoveling can accelerate heart attacks. Click here for the Long Island Press article regarding shoveling and heart attacks.
Finally, click here for some Youtube videos on the proper shoveling techniques so you don't hurt your back or your shoulders or arms. Click here for another snow shoveling video...
Hope this helps - if not for the blizzard of 2010 then for the next heavy snowfall we have on Long Island.
Regards,
Stu
Follow the library on Twitter and friend us on Facebook! Its good stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment