Hi All,
The term 'debt limit' has been in the news a lot lately. Actually, if you watch the news at night, or use various internet news sites, you'll begin to think that this is the 'only' news item of the last few days...
Click here for a link from Search.USA.gov for a whole page linked to items and article about the debt limit. Click on this link for a simple, cogent and thorough description of what the debt limit really means. Note that link is from the United States Treasury Department - very authoritative.
From Treasury Direct comes this FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) About the Public Debt - click here for the link. When you go to the site, I'd recommend the section on 'General Information'.
Now, from the White House Briefing Room comes this link about the actual agreement entitled, 'Bipartisan Debt Deal: A Win For the Economy and Budget Discipline'.
I'm not going to post link after link about the various parts of the legislation - that would be too boring and wouldn't make a particularly interesting post. Be that as it may...I have a few more links regarding the pro's and con's of the debt ceiling. Note that I am not taking sides on the issue...I'm just pointing out that there are two very different points of view on the issue.
Paul Krugman and Ron Paul Agree: Debt Ceiling Deal Sucks - from Forbes.com
U.S. Hits Debt Ceiling - from CNNMoney.com
The Debt Ceiling Explained - from NPR
Extending the Debt Ceiling is Good for the Economy - from CNBC
So there you have it. Enough words on economics, debt, finances, taxes than you can shake the proverbial stick at. Enjoy!
Stu
No comments:
Post a Comment