Monday, September 20, 2010

'I Guess That's Why they Call It the Blues..."

Hi All,

I hope the blog entry title got your attention! How can people have the 'blues' on Such a sunny, bright, early Fall day? Well, it is easy - since it is the start of a brand new work week (for Adults) and school (for students)...and then you start thinking about the whole long, rest of the week and all the work days or school days ahead.

Well, have no fear - your local librarian is here! I did a basic Google search using the phrase, 'chasing away the Monday morning blues'. I found lots of results, but two of the better ones are described below.

The first link comes from a site called, 'Goal Setting College' and the entry is called '22 Ways To Kill the Monday Morning Blues'. While the site itself is a bit hokey, the advice in the entry is not. For instance, neither reducing weekend sleep in's is not a bad idea, nor, for that matter is the suggestion to exercise in the morning. And we all know the importance of regular exercise. Click here for an unrelated link on the importance of physical exercise from the CDC.

I also liked the suggestion of reading empowering books - which is a perfect transition for the library!!! For example, click here to find a list of inspiring books that the Farmingdale Public Library owns! FYI, the search that I used to get the previous results was 'success - psychological aspects' and then I narrowed the search down to items owned by the Farmingdale Public Library.

The second site that I found is from Ehow.com and the title is called 'How To Get Rid of the Monday Morning Blues' - click here for the link. I liked the fact that they listed the items 1 to 10...a handy dandy way to see if you are (or will, in the future) following some of the rules to make Mondays' less stressful as an employee or a student.

Finally, without going into too much detail, I've link to a site from the National Institute of Health for Mental Health - it might be helpful and can be reached by clicking on this link.

Regards,
Stu

No comments: